UEFA Champions League 17/18 Discussion thread

Let's talk about the beautiful game.

UEFA Champions League 17/18 Discussion thread

Postby TheVault » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Just want to know what everyone thinks about the draw , who are the favors , and which final do you prefer to see.

For me i think its actually a pretty good draw as one of the non top teams is granted a place in the final , hopefully that team will be Liverpool ,as i'm a liverpool supporter myself . Favors have to be Real Madrid no matter how bad they are in the LIGA BBVA , When it comes to UCL they always show up.

Hoping for a Liverpool - Bayern final as i think we have a bigger chance beating Bayern than Real Madrid.
Last edited by TheVault on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheVault

Re: UEFA - Champions League 17/18

Postby TheVault » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:11 pm

Team Statistics

Individual Statistics

TheVault

Re: UEFA Champions League 17/18 Discussion thread

Postby Tottijr » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:06 pm

Roma is a real surprise this year, as soon as our coach reached semifinals of UCL as debutante reaching 1st position in a tough group with Atletico Madrid, Chelsea and...Qarabag :cheers:
Our coach prepared every UCL in a perfect way, although we lost once at Atletico's home.
Against Shaktar we lost 2-1 cuz of unluck and then won 1-0 at home. Then the game against Barcelona at Camp Nou, lost 4-1 playing better than them, but not exploting the chances we had. Then the 2nd leg against them was a real domination from us, in fact we won 3-0 and passed the stage :yahoo
The fact we got Liverpool as next opponent reminded us 2 things: in 1984, we lost the old UCL final at Rome (sigh) vs them on penalties and that still hurt the supporters...

and the second thing is that Salah is gonna play against his old team against his old supporters... :tomato
Of course I hope with all my soul they will reach finals and maybe win the UCL as well, but will be hard
Name: Tottijr
Level: 100
Positions 7s: Anywhere :D
Positions 11s: Anywhere :D
ye, I'm versatile...
Current PMC: Vampire Sc

Never give up.
Tottijr
Ball Boy

Postby TheVault » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:43 pm

Tottijr wrote:Roma is a real surprise this year, as soon as our coach reached semifinals of UCL as debutante reaching 1st position in a tough group with Atletico Madrid, Chelsea and...Qarabag :cheers:
Our coach prepared every UCL in a perfect way, although we lost once at Atletico's home.
Against Shaktar we lost 2-1 cuz of unluck and then won 1-0 at home. Then the game against Barcelona at Camp Nou, lost 4-1 playing better than them, but not exploting the chances we had. Then the 2nd leg against them was a real domination from us, in fact we won 3-0 and passed the stage :yahoo
The fact we got Liverpool as next opponent reminded us 2 things: in 1984, we lost the old UCL final at Rome (sigh) vs them on penalties and that still hurt the supporters...
and the second thing is that Salah is gonna play against his old team against his old supporters... :tomato
Of course I hope with all my soul they will reach finals and maybe win the UCL as well, but will be hard

Can see the Liverpool-Roma matches being a better match to watch than the Madrid-Munich one

Cant wait :D
TheVault

Postby Zengo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:46 am

It is going to be a hard task to stop Roma who are in full swing by now.
But so are Liverpool, as well - having eliminated one of the top favorites and we did it not through away goals but by quite a big margin of goals.
I think Liverpool are capable of stopping Roma, but it will be hard.

I am also expecting a Liverpool - Bayern final and that is going to be quite interesting, given that Liverpool will have to be beating both Guardiola's old and new teams. We've just beaten his new team, so, one down :)
Zara, Zarani, Zengo, Gera
Zengo
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby TheVault » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:44 pm

SALAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
TheVault

Postby Zengo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:57 am

The big challenge is coming up for both teams.
If Roma can turn the situation around and eliminate Liverpool, they will fully deserve it.
If Liverpool can keep the advantage and eliminate Roma at the Stadio Olimpico, they should fully deserve it, as well.
Both have the chance, even though the first leg was won by Liverpool with 5-2.
Everyone (especially Liverpoolers) should forget about that result. That was already quite a while ago and should not be relied on for the second leg.
We will have to prove ourselves again and again - that is what top football is about.
Liverpool are capable.
So are Roma.
And I want to see Mo' of Liverpool in the CL :)
:cheers:
Zara, Zarani, Zengo, Gera
Zengo
Ambassador
Ambassador

Return to Football Discussion