Official Patch Feedback Thread 18.25

Your feedback is always valuable. Share your unique and constructive feedback with us.
Forum rules
Please remain polite and positive. Make sure you have read the others posts before posting your own feedback.. No rage posts will be allowed as it never helps anyone.

Re: Official Patch Feedback Thread 18.25

Postby Woopy » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:29 am

I am completely happy with the new patch and It is about time that team-play are matched equally to every single player being on the same level. However, it was the right thing to nerf the tank movements and I am going to look forward how it going to be work at Masters League.

There is one that I completely disagree is that the bumping system are getting too much. Sometime when you bump a player behind doesn't always come with a foul or yellow. There is a few issue where a player gets through the character body that you are playing and some how tackled the ball. I am not sure if it is a ping or not, but the animation can be buggy sometime.

Anyway, good job on making this patch and truly proud.

-Woopy
Woopy

Postby Shark » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:47 am

Woopy wrote:.

There is one that I completely disagree is that the bumping system are getting too much. Sometime when you bump a player behind doesn't always come with a foul or yellow. There is a few issue where a player gets through the character body that you are playing and some how tackled the ball. I am not sure if it is a ping or not, but the animation can be buggy sometime.

Good to hear you like it. Collision detection is not perfect yet and monitoring games and logs will help us fix the issues, it will take some time but rest assured it will be improved with future updates.
Shark
"Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

Football Superstars Producer / Lead Developer
Shark
Admin

Postby Jinxie » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:34 pm

I like the new bumping system as many players were abusing the fact that you could run into the back of players and cause them to loose the ball. I think its a great feature to have in the game but I don't think players should be punished with a yellow card when they commit this offence in the middle of the park and should be only punished by receiving a card when they commit this offence in the final third or closer to goal.

I just feel like we should increase the speed more to add a bit more fun into the game. I mostly play this game to escape reality and do the things I can't do in real life on the pitch. Reducing the speed by so much then increasing the ability to preform tackles at a much easier rate I think gives the defenders a big advantage over the attackers. I just feel like there is no real difference in speed on the ball between a lvl 70 and a lvl 100. Also I think preloads should be extended by just a bit as its very hard to assist a player using fast ground passes in the box I could hit a pass with 40% power but the player I am assisting to doesn't react because their preload dies too quick
Jinxie

Postby Evillsda » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:32 pm

Jinxie wrote:I just feel like we should increase the speed more to add a bit more fun into the game. I mostly play this game to escape reality and do the things I can't do in real life on the pitch. Reducing the speed by so much then increasing the ability to preform tackles at a much easier rate I think gives the defenders a big advantage over the attackers. I just feel like there is no real difference in speed on the ball between a lvl 70 and a lvl 100.

I think player with ball (100 lvl) shouldn't be faster than 70 lvl without bonds as it was before.
There should be bigger difference between running with ball and without. :wink:

Attacker with ball should lose some stamina when he bumps defender, that will be realistic.
(Physical clashes), bumps are too sensitive and dont give defenders advanatage only makes chaos :thumbdown: .
Evillsda

Postby GTore » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:03 pm

:thumleft:
=========================================================================
♦ The flow and tempo of the game in the new patch is absolutely perfect. There could not be a better speed at which the game should be played. It really maximises team play without compromising solo dribbles to a significant extent. This should have been implemented years ago although I can't complain now that we have it.

♦ In terms of shooting, Football Superstars has a tradition of releasing a better patch every single time. Unsurprisingly, the tradition still went on. The variation of goalkeeper reactions in 1v1 situations has fixed the high percentage of 1v1 goals scored in the old patch. This is a very useful improvement and it's clear to see why just by looking at scoreboards of matches in this patch compared to the previous patch. It really fuels the excitement of the game. Furthermore, the rarity of longshots have remained fairly constant which is another positive. It promotes team-play whilst making the game playable and enjoyable for defenders.

♦ The tweaks to the tackling physics has been nothing but positive. It's nice to see players with low latency having a chance at the game and it halts unrealistic dribbling whilst encouraging passing. Some players may argue that it's too powerful at the moment. I believe the solution may be to alter it only slightly but keep it similar to this way.
:thumbdown:
♦ Yes, it's probably inevitable for someone to think of blocks and collision system as a negative. This is a quote from my feedback for the previous patch, "Collision physics need a bit of an improvement, two players running for the ball having minimal contact can have drastic effects". Now someone who reads this quote will probably think, "Wow, and look what FS has done, now minimal contacts have an even greater effect!". I would not agree with such comment. Reason being that the new blocks and collisions are absolutely fine. The problem is not the blocks and collisions. They're actually really useful and promote realistic gameplay. They eliminate the need for strafe abusing every possible path the player with possession can take. The real problem is the lack of control. This I believe has been impacted by two things, the removal of strafe and change in response times due to latency fix. I have noticed that my account responds slower to WASD movement and even slower to CTRL strafe. I just mentioned strafing every possible path a player can take, however if the old strafe mechanics are back, people will have more control over their players and actually be able to avoid most of the blocks. This is the main source of control and it's a very important skill to learn. Furthermore, the continuing existence of these new blocks will mean that strafe blocking paths will no longer be a problem as you can bump players when they're not in contact with the ball!

♦ Headers have been nerfed, and rightly so. Sadly, they have been nerfed to an unnecessary extent. It needs to be slightly tweaked up a bit because FS seems to have a continuous cycle of patches when it comes to headers. People use it too much and it gets nerfed, it gets nerfed too much and it's back to being OP again. I think it's time we find the balance.

♦ Kicking accuracy is painful. This idea of teamplay which I probably mentioned a horrifying amount of times can be perfected by making LMBs somewhat more accurate. Crossing is really difficult for most players.

Overall, despite all the things I've written in the negative section, IT'S A GOOD PATCH. I'm happy and I have a reason to be. Hoping to be happier if these comments are acted upon! :cheers:
Name : Toorree
PMC : Devils FC

OL Frenzy Season 1 - Devils FC
Ultimate League Season 3 - Devils FC

Proudly
Since 2010
GTore

Postby Shark » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:57 am

Thanks for all your feedback. Next version will be designed considering all your thoughts and comments.

A few posts had to be removed. As stated before, this was never meant to be a thread for debates between users, so all such posts have been removed. We are more interested in what you think and not what you agree/disagree with another user.
Shark
"Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

Football Superstars Producer / Lead Developer
Shark
Admin

Previous

Return to Game Feedback