Official Patch Feedback Thread V18.98

Your feedback is always valuable. Share your unique and constructive feedback with us.
Forum rules
Please remain polite and positive. Make sure you have read the others posts before posting your own feedback.. No rage posts will be allowed as it never helps anyone. Irrelevant posts are also deleted.

Re: Official Patch Feedback Thread V18.98

Postby Weyron » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:58 pm

Like others I wan a little change in tackling sistem, maybe could rise the range with like 15-20% from how its now it would work better i think.

Tbh I would a like little nerf on jumping ( and I'm not talking about shoots), sometimes even if i wear jumps studs ppl manage to run into me and block my jump it's a bit fked up.

Also GK isn't "smart" as you guys say. Mostly when a player is dribbling in the box he will jump to him even if there are players who could stop him and leave the oportunity for opponets just to exploit his possition that will give them a easy goal. In my opinion he is to agressive and fail.
Weyron

Postby Praise-FSMAG » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:53 pm

[post removed - do not post on behalf of others]
Name: Shikamaru (FS Magazine Head Editor)
Positions: CF/RW
PMC: RedWhite United
Manager: Africa
Praise-FSMAG

Postby Jinxie » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:08 pm

Jinxie wrote:I simply think the tackling is too hard for a majority of the players currently playing the game. I see a lot of players with a good understanding of the tackling mechanics of the game standing in the best possible position for a tackle and still missing it even with the highest possible number you could get your tackling stat. In matches I still manage to miss tackles against lower oppositions when I have 600 tackling and have anticipated the movement of my opponent to the point where he is literally centimeters away from me. I generally feel like the best way to satisfy everyone is to increase the tackle whilst increasing the speed on which a player can move with the ball. I felt like a previous patch had a good balance of tackling and dribble sprint speed right before patch versions 17.

I myself have never been a fan of collision but over the past few months I grew to understand it a bit more. With this patch an old problem that was fixed before has reoccurred. Players are physically walking through each other to retain possession of the ball and at times when they do collide and it is a blatant foul nothing happens and they just play on. I just feel like the referee should be a lot stricter in certain instances. Some players do not attempt to tackle but instead just collide into players from certain angles where they know they will not be penalized by the referee. Committing blatant fouls and with no consequences. I feel like within certain areas of the pitch like the final 3rd the referee should be a lot stricter and should always penalize when a player loses the ball due to colliding with an opposition player

I also noticed a bug in the ai gk which causes him to follow the player in possession of the ball if they spend a certain amount of time in the box. This causes him to get dragged out of position and leaves the goal completely open to in which attackers will score in and open net. I also noticed he has a problem collecting the ball when he comes out to dive on it and retain it from attackers. Sometimes whilst he is diving the attacker can still manage to preform a successful shot again scoring in an empty net. I think it is something that it should be looked into.

Also I and a few other players have noticed a bug in the stats of the character. It occurs randomly and it's not really noticeable if you don't keep a close eye on the abilities of you character and certain things he his able to do. The most noticeable thing that stands out is the dribble sprint speed. When this stat bug occurs it effects equipped skills equipped and even though visually in your skills inventory it shows that they are equipped in a match instance your character does not preform to the level it should if the skills were truly equip. I find it frustrating as I have to remove all my skills and items log out of the game and reequip them to get them to function and I notice the effects straight away because the game instantly becomes smoother in movement and in the kicking of the ball too like shooting accuracy, power and passing accuracy.

Another thing I noticed is the kicking accuracy seems to not improve even when it is boosted with items like Kicking studs and passive skills. There is no difference in the level of kicking accuracy being 600 or 300. This sometimes can be frustrating if you want to kick the ball to certain areas that would not be accessible with space or in crossing the ball into the box. A lot of crosses end up being too far to one certain direction

Other small bugs include;

The Kits of pmcs

Certain times no one can access matches or buy items from shops or log in infact

Free Kicks gk is diving towards the ball vertically giving him no chance what so ever to save it

Freezing before tackles or before the gk collects the ball of you. In some instances a player can preform a movement even 2 seconds before he is tackled but the character doesn't move and gets frozen still and loses possession it also occurs when in a 1 v 1 situation with the gk. The shooting animation is ignited but the character does not preform it and loses the ball to the gk.

edit: there is also a bug that causes you to lose stam whilst using strafe
Jinxie

Postby TheVault » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:02 am

Overall ? I think its a great patch and a leap forward from the OP tackling system that has been present for the past year , as a defender i think its a patch that finally shows who can actually defend not just spam a button . What i think should be fixed is the first post shot that is being bugged right now , which is running next to the keeper on the first post and shooting it .

Great job overall in my opinion !
TheVault

Postby Shark » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:01 am

Weyron wrote:

Also GK isn't "smart" as you guys say. Mostly when a player is dribbling in the box he will jump to him even if there are players who could stop him and leave the oportunity for opponets just to exploit his possition that will give them a easy goal. In my opinion he is to agressive and fail.

It's still a work in progress. Goalkeeper AI has been extended a lot and as you can imagine every new function is affecting another one. Combination of all the behaviors may produce unwanted results but it's all expected and it's only a matter of time before it's improved again.

Main difficulty has been finding the right balance between goalkeeper's aggressiveness and passiveness. (which would be very easy if this was a single player game) At times you'd like your keeper to act aggressively but more often than not, you'd want to rely on your defenders. There is not an exact sweet spot which would work in every match for all players but we will continue working on it so it should gradually get there. It'll only take time.
Shark
"Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

Football Superstars Producer / Lead Developer
Shark
Admin

Postby Shark » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:07 am

Zidinho_ wrote:I feel like there could be some more improvements.
As someother said before my reply, the tackle system has got its pros and its cons: with this kind of, you can handle the ball more and think about some smart passes to do, but when you have some bonded guy 1v1 and you're a mediocre player (like me), there's no way you can tackle him. Really no way.

You might be right but let's give it a little more time. Eventually, if majority is not pleased with tackling, we will definitely revise it.
Shark

Shark
Admin

Postby Shark » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:19 am

GTore wrote:However, with the recent changes, I feel like any attacker can play with a more selfish style and not be worried about losing the ball, meaning the skill cap of the game is being significantly reduced.

We definitely wouldn't want that. Very soon, all will be re-assessed and if that's the case (that attackers are overpowered against defenders), we will make it right with new iterations. That being said, I believe an attacker that's selfish would eventually be punished by a good defender so it's only a matter of time before he reconsiders his options and starts playing for the team.
Shark

Shark
Admin

Postby Shark » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:02 am

Thanks for your comments guys. We will consider all your points and an update will arrive soon addressing as many of these issues. We will re-open this thread in the coming weeks.
Shark

Shark
Admin

Previous

Return to Game Feedback