Official FS v18.x Feedback Thread - November 22nd

Your feedback is always valuable. Share your unique and constructive feedback with us.
Forum rules
Please remain polite and positive. Make sure you have read the others posts before posting your own feedback.. No rage posts will be allowed as it never helps anyone.

Official FS v18.x Feedback Thread - November 22nd

Postby Razza » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:32 pm

Hello All, as you're aware the latest version v18.01 for Football Superstars was released Wednesday (22/11) and despite the majority of positivity from people there were some negatives. In this thread can now leave your feedback for this patch and discuss with others. The team will try and reply to any feedback the best we can.

However please keep your feedback as feedback , we don't mind criticism however just simply saying 'Keeper sucks' doesn't help us try and potentially fix the issue. Please give constructive criticism if there is an aspect you aren't too keen on. If there is too much flaming this thread could be locked and account bans could be given. Behind the scenes we are constantly updating and deploying hotfixes so any credible feedback could help us.

So what do you enjoy about the new version? What do you think could be better? enjoy!

Cheers,
Razza

"If you don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss your options later."

RedWhite United
Fighter Cup 2010 Champions
OL 2015 III Champions
OL Summer 2015 Champions
Razza
Admin

Re: Official Patch Feedback Thread - November 22nd

Postby Zexter » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:35 pm

There are 2 things that need to be improved. I think everyone can relate. The speed is a major let down for any non 100 defender as attackers just speed past defenders. Im not saying make lvl 100s speed the same as lower levels but just twitch it a bit.
Goalkeepers. Their positioning is really questionable at times and they tend to kick the ball out for safety reason a bit too much.
Another thing that isnt that serious but could be improved for a better experience would be sliding as you now can slide really aggresively and not get a foul called against you.
Other than that, the patch is really enjoyable and would be even more if you take in consideration my suggestions.
Defender. Because someone has to do the harder jobs.
Zexter

Postby Tottijr » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Thanks for working for the community. At the moment the patch is easier for attackers and harder for defenders, but I think its just a question of time to get used to it. The thing I don't like the most about this patch is the stamina penalty, because when I block but I don't want to, I get the stamina penalty wrongly (in my opinion, it should be removed, and you could leave it like the last patch*). I really enjoyed the PMC Matches Stadium substition with the D2 Stadium.
Goalkeepers are a bit ruined, if you run diagonally you will have a huge free space in goal so you can score very easily.
The rest is good for me, nice idea to evaluate real stats and give the "bonders" a boost (for example kicking accuracy reworked); I still need to get used and understand better this Patch.

Cheers,

*or try with something else in order to avoid that Penalty.
Name: Tottijr
Level: 100
Positions 7s: Anywhere :D
Positions 11s: Anywhere :D
ye, I'm versatile...
Current PMC: Vampire Sc

Never give up.
Tottijr
Ball Boy

Postby Shark » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:03 pm

Tottijr wrote: The thing I don't like the most about this patch is the stamina penalty, because when I block but I don't want to, I get the stamina penalty wrongly (in my opinion, it should be removed, and you could leave it like the last patch*).

Can you share a video or explain when/how you block someone unintentionally? It could help us differentiate deliberate blocks from unintentional ones. Thanks.
Shark
"Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

Football Superstars Producer / Lead Developer
Shark
Admin

Postby Shark » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:06 pm

Zexter wrote:l they tend to kick the ball out for safety reason a bit too much.

It is the first iteration and we wanted to stay on the safe side so you are right he does play a bit too safe. It will definitely be improved and tuned as we collect data from matches played. In time goalkeeper will make better assessments and know when to kick it sideways or kick/pass it elsewhere.
Shark

Shark
Admin

Postby Tottijr » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:19 pm

Shark wrote: Can you share a video or explain when/how you block someone unintentionally? It could help us differentiate deliberate blocks from unintentional ones. Thanks.

For example when an opponent jumps, if I run to him I will get the stamina penalty.
An advice could be to reduce the penalty, because it's very huge and if it activates it "kills" the action started by the player.
Thanks.
ye, I'm versatile...

Never give up.
Tottijr
Ball Boy

Postby GTore » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:30 pm

Pros:

+Impressive variation and combination of shots/goalkeeper movements whilst in a 1v1 situation
+Compared to the previous patch, a faster flowing game play
+Easier long passes and ground lmbs thanks to increased KP
+Less trouble with crosses and unrealistic passes due to the requirement of KA
+Strafing sideways/backwards allows for more creative dribbling/ball movement and control

Cons:

-Collision physics need a bit of an improvement, two players running for the ball having minimal
contact can have drastic effects
-Slides avoiding the ball, probably not the best idea since defenders must rely on it during
rebounds or neutral balls
-Tackle range slightly too high - reasonable for the speed at which the game is played in, but it
could be compensated for, with a slight decrease in speed as well

Overall, impressive patch!
Name : Toorree
PMC : Devils FC

OL Frenzy Season 1 - Devils FC
Ultimate League Season 3 - Devils FC

Proudly
Since 2010
GTore

Postby Shark » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:41 pm

GTore wrote:
-Collision physics need a bit of an improvement, two players running for the ball having minimal
contact can have drastic effects

Overall, impressive patch!

Thanks. Collision dynamics have been under development on a separate branch but we're getting closer to releasing it and it will most probably address your concern.
Shark

Shark
Admin

Postby Kravey » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:07 pm

I think this patch is good, the only thing I dislike about it is the keeper not trying to take the ball of the player, so it just stays there and leaves a big gap for us to shoot.
Kravey

Postby Tottijr » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:20 pm

Tottijr wrote:Goalkeepers are a bit ruined, if you run diagonally you will have a huge free space in goal so you can score very easily.

https://gyazo.com/c4de14f5822c0db7641c1bc74c047687 Indirect Free Kick bug? Hasn't the ball to be passed?
https://gyazo.com/18f1d502137eee4ddbd041cd7afd8db7 Goalkeeper being dribbled
ye, I'm versatile...

Never give up.
Tottijr
Ball Boy

Next

Return to Game Feedback