Official FS v18.x Feedback Thread - November 22nd

Your feedback is always valuable. Share your unique and constructive feedback with us.
Forum rules
Please remain polite and positive. Make sure you have read the others posts before posting your own feedback.. No rage posts will be allowed as it never helps anyone. Irrelevant posts are also deleted.

Re: Official Patch Feedback Thread - November 22nd

Postby Shark » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:24 pm

Tottijr wrote:
Tottijr wrote:Goalkeepers are a bit ruined, if you run diagonally you will have a huge free space in goal so you can score very easily.

https://gyazo.com/c4de14f5822c0db7641c1bc74c047687 Indirect Free Kick bug? Hasn't the ball to be passed?

No it doesn't have to be passed. "A goal can be scored from an indirect kick only if the ball touches another player before it enters the goal".
Shark
"Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

Football Superstars Producer / Lead Developer
Shark
Admin

Postby Shark » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:28 pm

Tottijr wrote:https://gyazo.com/18f1d502137eee4ddbd041cd7afd8db7 Goalkeeper being dribbled

That's happening because the defenders are simply staring at the attacker. You need to blame someone else there :) When you always depend on goalkeepers, your focus will remain on them.

Let me explain more. We design the goalkeeper to try and leave the marking to defenders in case they (defenders) are closer to the attacker. Unfortunately in this case, defenders are close but they are not doing anything. We can't design the game assuming that defenders might be AFK or just stand there. That would make the goalkeepers and the game worse.

Occasionally (when he can) he will come out and smother the ball off the feet of the attacker but we don't want that perfectly executed every-time, otherwise it's all on the goalkeeper but if this happens too frequently (hopefully not many defenders are like those), we can take a look at it.

UPDATE: looking at it now
Shark

Shark
Admin

Postby Maxion » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:06 am

Pros:

+ More stamina/energy overall
+ Increased XP gained from matches
+ XP gained in PMC matches SAME as in FSC
+ Replacing the Division 3 stadium for PMC 7-aside matches
+ High shots from the head
+ Faster air kicks and ground passes by increased KP, allow faster game play
+ Smoother running with the ball
+ Goalkeeper reactions in some situations are very good (kicking the ball out in dangerous situation, save/catch ball when a teammate try to shot own goal)

Cons:

1. Keeper:
- Doesn't react on very high air kicks "hoofs" which drop in the box, near him or on the attacker head. The keeper should catch/save all balls like that as does in reality
As the kicker gets closer to the goalkeeper, the gk will have less time to react to the shot (naturally). This will give you a greater chance of scoring (when you are closer), just like in real life football. In other words; when your team creates that perfect scoring opportunity, it will be rewarding!)

- Keeper saves are a little overpowered, 1 vs 1/ header shots in top corner / shots from the box / preloads saves
- When teammate pass to keeper from sideways, the keeper kick the ball out even when opponent don't pressure it or stays on their half, in some situations it's just not necessary

2. Movements
- Speed with the ball is slightly too high, defenders have a lot troubles to stop a man with the ball, would be good to decrease it but not as much as it was before the patch, just a little nerfed
(Idea) Turns without the ball need to be a little more fluid to let the player run in every ankle, now it's a bit like robot

3. Headers
- Headers accuracy - many passes and shots are not going to the target even with full stats

4. Collision system
- The stamina penalty is too huge, stamina goes down to 0
(Idea) It would be more useful to remove strafe and still players will be able to block with their movements

5. Kicks and shots
- A lot of kicks not going to the target even with high KA and the same is with shots, sometimes 580 SA is not enough to make the shot go into the goal even if the shot is from the box

6. Preloads
- When you shot bottom corner, the ball very drastically slows down on the ground

7. Tackling
- Slide tackling is a lot worse due to the fact players with the ball are faster, many failed slides
(Idea) Decrease the tackle range to avoid tackle "air" 2m from the player

Ideas:
(Idea) Bring back 2-3 old FSC Clubs
(Idea) Decrease stamina penalty or remove it while using unique skills

The patch is really good, some little fixes and it will be excellent
Maxion

Postby Mikeyman » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Thanks for the valuable feedback Maxi and we will consider every suggestion. :super

We hope that this -
Maxion wrote:1. Keeper:
- Doesn't react on very high air kicks "hoofs" which drop in the box, near him or on the attacker head. The keeper should catch/save all balls like that as does in reality

has been improved in v18.05 released this morning. Let us know if you see anything that might suggest otherwise.

Maxion wrote:4. Collision system
- The stamina penalty is too huge, stamina goes down to 0
(Idea) It would be more useful to remove strafe and still players will be able to block with their movements

Strafe is a difficult topic. Removing it entirely has been suggested before but we have also heard from a lot of players who feel that strafe is very useful in certain situations, specifically positioning - it is much easier to position in the box say with strafe compared to WASD. We felt that losing stam for intentionally blocking players off the ball was the best compromise we could come up with during testing and we will wait to see how it impacts the game in the long run before making any further decisions.
~Mikey
Mikeyman
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby Jinxie » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:05 pm

I think we should just make pmc 7as matches division 1 pitches as most of the teams in tournaments are division 1 players and it would help them practise in fsc matches and preform as good if they played on the same pitch in tournaments as they did daily
Jinxie

Postby Cap19 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:49 am

This gameplay update reminds me the old times (Just without grey preloads and auto tackles),
Like it.
But the stamina could be reworked

Example:
When running out of stamina (reaching that red bar) you could still run a bit, But with a penality on movement rate, Not stopping running like it does right now,
That would be more realistic.

Well that's my opinion :D

Also bring back the foul's on the goalkeeper. some people just slide the GK while he's taking the ball and he get stuck on that animation.
Cap19

Postby Daichi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:15 am

People already touched on the topic but I would love to add a little bit more to it.

The penalty you get when you defend and try to tackle is too big at the moment, you cannot make a single tackle without being punished for it, if you miss the tackle then your opponent is getting into the box and scoring - you cannot possibly recover after a missed tackle. Even if you do not tackle and you try to get in the tackle range he just turns to your side and bumps you what makes you stay miles behind him, it's very frustrating to play against higher level when you do not have the same speed/stamina.

I know that tackle hasn't changed but the fact that MR/BC/STAMINA has changed in this patch it means that tackling got worse, why? because people are faster than they were in the previous patch and on top of that they can tank for a little bit longer... so one thing leads to another and in result you get unintentional nerf to tackling.
Stamina has been increased. The speed on the ball has been improved what means they can cover more distance just simply because they are faster on the ball.

I have been topping tackling charts since leaderboard started updating, i see a massive difference in tackling, it is not as good as before.

My ideas to improve the game a little bit more.

- Kicking Power has to be nerfed, there is almost no difference in KP between players 70 - 100 when they have purples on.
- Keeper needs to be improved, he is too slow on the line, people just run into the box and score to the opposite site where keeper is.
- MR/BC has to be nerfed, it feels like it's just too easy to tank at the moment, I know that a lot of people love the change but let's face it, I don't think that testers realized how worse tackling is going to be after the changes to MR/BC. It has to go back to the previous patch or at least we need to nerf the speed on the ball. It's anti-fun when all 100 levels are faster( ON THE BALL) than 80+ without a ball.
- XP has been doubled but the XP you gain from buying XP is just worthless - not worth using 5k credits if you can just play one more game and get the same amount of XP, I think that it has to be adjusted a little bit.
- I would love to add XP to friendly games in d2/d1 games, some people miss out on games way too often because they are not invited to stacks.
Daichi

Postby Maxion » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:03 am

Jinxie wrote:I think we should just make pmc 7as matches division 1 pitches as most of the teams in tournaments are division 1 players and it would help them practise in fsc matches and preform as good if they played on the same pitch in tournaments as they did daily
I like and follow the idea.

Daichi wrote:I know that tackle hasn't changed but the fact that MR/BC/STAMINA has changed in this patch it means that tackling got worse, why? because people are faster than they were in the previous patch and on top of that they can tank for a little bit longer... so one thing leads to another and in result you get unintentional nerf to tackling.
Tackle didn't changed, actually you don't have 4-5 chances to tackle the same player as it was earlier. You can fail to tackle one maybe two times right now, oh yeah its harder.

Daichi wrote:Kicking Power has to be nerfed, there is almost no difference in KP between players 70 - 100 when they have purples on.
I disagree with it because it will bring back the one click cross into box from a half of the pitch. People should control their kicking power and load it. I saw many passes went out of the pitch in last days cause people choose the easiest way to play and just click. It's matter of a skill right now. Let it stay!

Daichi wrote: Keeper needs to be improved, he is too slow on the line, people just run into the box and score to the opposite site where keeper is.
Keeper in reality does the same. The best thing to do is to not let opponent face keeper 1 vs 1. Besides, the keeper is a lot better than its previous version, even too good at saves.

Daichi wrote:MR/BC has to be nerfed, it feels like it's just too easy to tank at the moment, I know that a lot of people love the change but let's face it, I don't think that testers realized how worse tackling is going to be after the changes to MR/BC. It has to go back to the previous patch or at least we need to nerf the speed on the ball. It's anti-fun when all 100 levels are faster( ON THE BALL) than 80+ without a ball.
I agree with that BC should be a little nerfed but not so much, something between the old and the new patch. There should be a balance because its annyoing to dribble same defender over and over again. At the moment when you fail to tackle you're done, same as in reality, but its a game. Lets the defenders have chance to fix their fails.

Daichi wrote:I would love to add XP to friendly games in d2/d1 games, some people miss out on games way too often because they are not invited to stacks.
Hell NO! Limit the matches played during a day in friendly for each player to force play fsc.
Maxion

Postby Praise-FSMAG » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:07 pm

Hi there,

A lot of the things I would touch on have already been brought out by many other threads so this is going to be a bit short. It would be great if you took a look at the current tackling system, to be more direct, the effects of tackling on the player being tackled. Its happened quite frequently in a lot of the matches I've played in the patch that the instant the opposition is tackled, they are back up again and either just run the ball off the defender trying to clear or strafe and block said clearance. You're better off running the ball off the opponent instead of trying to tackle and clear at the moment since the recovery animation from being tackled has been sped up or is pretty much nonexistent in some cases.

There is also a bug with the strafe stamina loss mechanic that was just recently introduced into the game where people lose stamina out of the blue sometimes. There was a game I played in as a LW and this was after halftime started. I jogged to the wing just in front of the halfway line with full stamina so not holding shift and then when I got the pass for the ball, completely unmarked, I look up and my stamina is gone, all depleted. This happened again in another game where I tackled the opponent running right at me with about 80% stamina left in my bar, I look up and my stamina once again completely gone. Another case was when the opposition slide tackled someone on my team and while he was down, I ran to get the ball, bumped into the opposition who was still on the ground in the slide tackle animation and again, stamina was completely drained. Is there any behind the scenes fix to work this out?

An idea brought up by one other player and I agree with would be to remove the offside flag that pops up on the side of an attacker's head that pretty much tells them they are offside. It would add realism to the game and force them to check the defending line as well time their runs better in order to not get called offside. In real life, you would have the linesman but he would not be telling the attacker they are offside or shouting it at them, he'd wait till they touched the ball in an offside position and then raise the flag for offside. At the moment, playing offside is not too useful since all the attacker needs to do to check their run is wait for the flag to pop up instead of actually looking around and seeing where the last defending player is.

I would say also adding a foul to the goalkeeper would be a nice change to the current system. I know you guys have seen many a time when the keeper would be in the animation to grab the ball and then gets slid which causes the ball to come out of his hands resulting in an easy tap-in goal for the attacker that slid and the way these slides go, it would be an instant red card or yellow card if done realistically. I would also add in the ghost mechanics that sometimes happens when the ball bounces in front of the keeper and he does the sideways grab animation but an attacker would literally run right through his hands before he grabs the ball and again another goal.

Overall, good work.
Let's DO this as ONE TEAM, not ONE PLAYER because, in the end, it all comes down to ONE pass, ONE shot or ONE mistake.

Name: Praise (FS Magazine Editor)
Positions: CF/RW
PMC: RedWhite United
Praise-FSMAG

Postby Shark » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:50 pm

Ball Control, Movement Rate (on the ball and off the ball) will be looked at. Actually we always work on ways to improve them along with all the other attributes and combinations of them. I agree with the comments that the extra movement rate has caused more problems for defenders but we also made changes to help defenders (which may have not been noticed).

I don't agree that low kicked balls (on ground) come to halt too quickly. We used very realistic parameters in physics department. Drag coefficients (aerodynamic (ball in air) and static/kinetic friction affecting ball on ground) are highly accurate.

As already mentioned, complex collisions (dynamic collisions, mainly regarding player body/player body collisions) will continue to be improved and strafe and stamina loss is also a work in progress as Mikey stated. These are new additions to the game and we are trying to improve it. Do not focus on problems and look at the bright side and rest assured they will be continuously improved. Consider them as first version.

Offside flag will not be removed, it's a nice feature. It's been discussed in the past.

Foul on goalkeeper doesn't work (well) when there is the chance of "trolling/griefing" (and it always is there). It's been attempted in the past and not only it didn't add anything to the game, on the contrary, it annoyed a lot of players. The only viable option would be to use them in PMC matches (trolling/griefing doesn't exist in PMC matches) only. That will be considered.

That being said, we are working on dangerous-play rules and implementation of them. Once it's complete, it will be thoroughly tested and if we are satisfied with results, we may be able to introduce it. So, when an opponent player slides towards the goalkeeper, it will be called a foul (dangerous play).
Shark

Shark
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Game Feedback