Official FS v18.x Feedback Thread - November 22nd

Your feedback is always valuable. Share your unique and constructive feedback with us.
Forum rules
Please remain polite and positive. Make sure you have read the others posts before posting your own feedback.. No rage posts will be allowed as it never helps anyone. Irrelevant posts are also deleted.

Re: Official Patch Feedback Thread - November 22nd

Postby Praise-FSMAG » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:12 pm

Shark wrote:
Offside flag will not be removed, it's a nice feature. It's been discussed in the past.

That being said, we are working on dangerous-play rules and implementation of them. Once it's complete, it will be thoroughly tested and if we are satisfied with results, we may be able to introduce it. So, when an opponent player slides towards the goalkeeper, it will be called a foul (dangerous play).

I like the idea of the dangerous play being used in PMC matches, makes perfect sense.

But back to the offside flag, at the moment, why would it not be removed? As a RB I have to look at the line my CB is making as well as check periodically what my side back partner is positionally as well. I have no in-game crutch or mechanic helping me decipher if I am making a good line with my CB or LB and I have to manage to check the runs of the opposing LW as well as make sure I am not messing up the line if the CB is trying to play off. An attacker on the other hand in FS unlike in real life does not have to worry about the line since they just get the flag pop up and say "oh, you're offside, move back a bit". From my viewpoint, it would just make the game more realistic or if it won't be removed completely, take it out in D1 since its technically supposed to be the hardest and most challenging division where everything you learned in the lower levels would be put to use.
Let's DO this as ONE TEAM, not ONE PLAYER because, in the end, it all comes down to ONE pass, ONE shot or ONE mistake.

Name: Praise (FS Magazine Editor)
Positions: CF/RW
PMC: RedWhite United
Praise-FSMAG

Postby Haddock » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:58 pm

I think the patch has been good and some of the issues I had found before I had the ability to post have been improved in the hotfix which is great.The goalkeeper is better than he was at dealing with the over the top balls now.

I would agree with those above that tackling needs improved as I think it is a bit to easy to tank at present. You can literally be licking the guy in face as a defender and the tackle refuses to trigger. Of course it shouldn't be easy either but there are numerous times I think I have a guy banged to rights on a tackle just for nothing to happen. Even some attackers I have played with during the last few days wanted to play defense for the challenge as opposed to attack and to be honest even I am having success in attack which kind of highlights the ease of it :D.

I know you disagreed with Praise's post above regarding the offside flag but I think this is actually quite a good idea. In defense you have to keep an eye along the line to create the offside line so I think it would add an element of skill for attack to do this same to ensure they stay on. I can understand the benefit of it in lower divisions, so in division 2 it might be better to keep it just for people to learn but for Division 1 and PMC I think it could be removed. From reading your previous posts and the changes you have made I think you are trying to add more realism and think this idea would add to that.

(started typing before praise's second post)
No human being, however great, or powerful, was ever so free as a fish.
John Ruskin
Haddock

Postby DvlSaffy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:48 pm

Shark wrote:Offside flag will not be removed, it's a nice feature. It's been discussed in the past.

Can it not at least be tested? Attackers got boost this patch with MR/BC, and it's too easy for them to have lazy time of standing on offside line with free 'you are offside' icon if they go too far forward. Give attack something extra to work on by trying a patch without offside icon so they must use rmb view to watch the offside line.. it offers the defenders the chance to try offside traps etc to add more skill to the game! Surely this is what we should be looking to do, add more realism/tactics/skill?
DvlSaffy

Postby DvlSaffy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:52 pm

PRAISEDEF wrote:
Shark wrote:
Offside flag will not be removed, it's a nice feature. It's been discussed in the past.

That being said, we are working on dangerous-play rules and implementation of them. Once it's complete, it will be thoroughly tested and if we are satisfied with results, we may be able to introduce it. So, when an opponent player slides towards the goalkeeper, it will be called a foul (dangerous play).

I like the idea of the dangerous play being used in PMC matches, makes perfect sense.

But back to the offside flag, at the moment, why would it not be removed? As a RB I have to look at the line my CB is making as well as check periodically what my side back partner is positionally as well. I have no in-game crutch or mechanic helping me decipher if I am making a good line with my CB or LB and I have to manage to check the runs of the opposing LW as well as make sure I am not messing up the line if the CB is trying to play off. An attacker on the other hand in FS unlike in real life does not have to worry about the line since they just get the flag pop up and say "oh, you're offside, move back a bit". From my viewpoint, it would just make the game more realistic or if it won't be removed completely, take it out in D1 since its technically supposed to be the hardest and most challenging division where everything you learned in the lower levels would be put to use.

Precisely what I meant - the defense currently has to juggle all of running/preload direction plus watching offside line to be even a little successful, all an attacker has to do is just run currently and wait for pass as the offside flag makes it wayyy too easy (even the yellow 'you're being targeted circle around feet' is debatable whether it should be there for the receiving player as they have 'indicator' to make the run so they already have big advantage). Why not give them something extra to look at like the def line to improve smart plays in FS so it's a little more even? Scorelines of 7-4/11-1 etc are all too common, it would be worth a try to improve game realism.

Most likely it would lead to attackers dropping into deeper positions and starting plays with wingers/sidebacks more and improve game quality rather than long punt and run after beating the non-existent offside line!
DvlSaffy

Postby Zexter » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:20 pm

Saffy has been spot on this time. As this patch has been made so the attackers have an advantage over defenders, there should be some kind of challange for the attackers rather than waiting for the ball and tanking all the way to the goal. I think it would be a great addition and certainly would help us defenders more.
Defender. Because someone has to do the harder jobs.
Zexter

Postby Labyad » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:29 pm

First of all i like the patch and the changes they have made this time. I agree with Saffy and Praise about the offside flag, removing this could add an extra element of skill to the game. It seems like the last 2 patches were better for attackers and removing the flag could keep the game more balanced.
ImageImage
Labyad

Postby Daichi » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:46 pm

DvlSaffy has a good point, never thought about the offside icon, it seems like it could be implemented, defenders have to face so many challenges compared to attackers, and removing offside flag would add a little bit more skill into attacking skills to differentiate good attackers vs the really good attackers. Not sure why defenders have to be using RMB to check if their line is on point and see if the opponent is offside and attackers get a massive help with the flag when they are on offside.
Daichi

Postby Shark » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Guys, this is not a suggestions/ideas thread. Please just share your own thoughts on the latest version and do not comment on others (agree or disagree). Offside flag removal (it is not a bad idea) is completely off-topic, besides it has already been mentioned by several players. Once there is a suggestions/ideas thread it can be discussed again.
Shark
"Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

Football Superstars Producer / Lead Developer
Shark
Admin

Postby Ejtii » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:43 am

Hmm i read here that tackling is harder, but i didn't notice that so much, maybe is harder bcz due to MR/BC improovement even more ppl are trying to tank with more confidence.. idk.
But matches i played after patch seems ok to me as a def, i even have more tackles per match(could be just luck idk), i mostly play def and i would like it to be easier, but i feel is ok if it stays this way.
Accuracy of kicks and space are bit annoying. For example: when i try to clear ball with head or pass fast after tackle, ball sometimes go as i assist in my box for opposite attacker=), or it goes outside of the pitch, but it is maybe more realistic idk.
About stam decrase after blocking, its discutable, bcz i think i lost half of stam few times by accidentlly blocking my teammate, and once when i didnt use strafe, but i like that idea, because blocking players with strafe is annoying. Even I use it alot as def =).
Also I noticed some of the players can easily score header from out of the box:), maybe they could do it before too idk. but its a bit wierd to see=).
Anyway i need to say that i like this patch expecially stam incrase, KP, keeper, ... gj
Ejtii

Postby Shark » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:33 am

Ejtii wrote:Hmm i read here that tackling is harder, but i didn't notice that so much, maybe is harder bcz due to MR/BC improovement even more ppl are trying to tank with more confidence.. idk.
But matches i played after patch seems ok to me as a def, i even have more tackles per match(could be just luck idk), i mostly play def and i would like it to be easier, but i feel is ok if it stays this way.

Well, there are enhancements in this version that would help defenders as well. It's not made to help attackers as some players assumed. Sure, the attackers may be faster off-the-ball and on-the-ball but they'll lose more speed when they make a quick turn or if they are marked closely by defender(s). Tanking shouldn't be easy.

It's not luck that you had more tackles, you seem to have adapted to changes.
Shark
"Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

Football Superstars Producer / Lead Developer
Shark
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Game Feedback