Official Patch Feedback Thread 18.25

Your feedback is always valuable. Share your unique and constructive feedback with us.
Forum rules
Please remain polite and positive. Make sure you have read the others posts before posting your own feedback.. No rage posts will be allowed as it never helps anyone.

Official Patch Feedback Thread 18.25

Postby Razza » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:19 pm

Hello FS Community! Apologies for the delay, however I bring to you the official feedback thread for the latest patch 18.25! Please be aware this thread is for FEEDBACK ONLY any suggestions must go in the official suggestions thread.

We will try to respond to as many people as we can and any silly feedback or non-constructive feedback will be deleted, also you may be banned for such behaviour.

This is an open forum and we want serious feedback from our community, please remain civil.

So how did we do? What do you think is improved? What do you think could be better? Let us know!
Razza

"If you don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss your options later."

RedWhite United
Fighter Cup 2010 Champions
OL 2015 III Champions
OL Summer 2015 Champions
Razza
Admin

Re: Official Patch Feedback Thread 18.25

Postby Praise-FSMAG » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:29 pm

The idea for the overall patch makes sense but the implementation is where there was a really bad link. We'll start off with the good points of the patch. The keeper's role overall which was heightened just enough that you are now able to trust him but now still know that he can mess up his own clearances as well as the fouls called when he's bumped make attackers respect him to a greater extent. The speed of the game as well which promotes more team passing play rather than one or two players running like headless horses without any creativity added in is also a great highlight.
The tackling for your more high pinged players which was boosted was also a plus in my book.

What needs to be checked however is this new physical system or physics system on bumps. The bumps are too randomized. There have been matches where one player is running with the ball gets bumped from behind or the side and there is no call but a few seconds later, the same exact situation happens and it's an instant yellow card or foul. There is also the problem on players completely just ghosting through you after you make a tackle or even ghosting through you while you have the ball and then they end up with the ball. In some scenarios, when a goal kick or header pass is made and a player makes a preload, the opposing player could make a preload as well and be sucked into the player who made the first preload which cancels out the preload that was made and by sucked in, I mean they like glitch completely into your character and your preload dies. They also recover from this quicker leaving your character completely useless.

To make it worse, players now most of the time don't even try to go for a tackle. Most of them now wait till you get the ball and then bump you off it from an angle that won't get a foul called. So it's like ghosting but without having a grey preload show and a bumpfest in almost every match.

There have also been situations where some attackers bump into the keeper and no foul was called even though the keeper drops the ball but I've only seen it happen twice in a game I've been in so I'll let other players chime in if it's happened to them as well.

The current recovery animation from a tackle I would say is too quick as well.since everything else has been slowed down, it seems this has stayed the same as after tackling, u have no time to pick out an instant pass unless you hoof it up as you risk being instantly blocked or in the current patch bumped off or ghosted off the ball. If there is a way to slow them down after they've been tackled to allow for some type of leeway for a sensible pass to be picked out, this would be good.

So, all in all, like I said in the beginning, it's a great idea for a patch but the implementation is where the disconnect is.
Let's DO this as ONE TEAM, not ONE PLAYER because, in the end, it all comes down to ONE pass, ONE shot or ONE mistake.

Name: Praise (FS Magazine Editor)
Positions: RB
PMC: RedWhite United
Praise-FSMAG

Postby Razza » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:37 pm

Thank you for you feedback Praise - We have noticed that the bump fouls at times are random and there isn't consistency, even though we sometimes feel this can bring realism into the game in terms of refereeing (missing fouls, giving them etc.) If this becomes a serious issue or more players feel the same we will look at different solutions.

As for the tackle recovery, this is something that can be looked at in the next tests if more people feel the same.

Thankyou for taking the time to write this we will certainly take it on board.
Razza

"If you don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss your options later."

RedWhite United
Fighter Cup 2010 Champions
OL 2015 III Champions
OL Summer 2015 Champions
Razza
Admin

Postby TheVault » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:24 am

Saw a bug earlier , someone stood infront of the keeper while he kicks the ball , he blocked the kick and scored a goal without a foul being called

Think the idea of having fouls from bumps from the back is pretty good but needs to be revamped , but hey its still the first time its applied so cant complain.

Cheers
TheVault

Postby Mikeyman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:58 am

TheVault wrote:Saw a bug earlier , someone stood infront of the keeper while he kicks the ball , he blocked the kick and scored a goal without a foul being called

Think the idea of having fouls from bumps from the back is pretty good but needs to be revamped , but hey its still the first time its applied so cant complain.

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback Kensei, if you contact me on discord with the ispot details for that bug, we'll be sure to look into it (this goes for anyone who notices any bugs in game, note the ispot details and pm me on discord any time).

Thanks, Mikey.
~Mikey
Mikeyman
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby Daichi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:52 am

What's improved and could be better?

- The game is heading into the right direction. Speed of the game has been slowed down(by reducing speed on the ball) and it is the right approach when it comes to football. The game is already fast paced game and it was a great idea to slow people down on the ball, it forces people to plan/think ahead in order to win the game.

- I think that the game has been balanced quite well in terms of attacking and defending play. You could argue that defenders have an easier time but only when they get support from attack in defense, otherwise it still difficult to defend when its 1 on 1 situation (defender vs attacker). When you look at real football games then you will see that the team defends with 10 footballers vs 5-7 attacking footballers. The game reflects football very well in terms of teamwork in attack/defense at the moment. I hope that FS will continue to promote teamwork.

- Keeper seems to be better but it needs some tweaks when there's 1 on 1 situation he seems to come out of his goal line and does not take the ball from the attacker, and when the player shoots the keeper doesn't even react and its an easy goal. That's quite a big issues that could be dealt with decent defending but then again keeper has to stay on the line or just get the ball from the attacker, keeper is being exploited by a simple LMB click when he starts coming out of the goal line.

- KA of LMB ground passes could be improved. I know that we wanted to remove exploitable crosses but ground passes were never an issue and they aren't accurate.

- LMB passes at keeper has to be looked at as well, it seems like he never catches fast lmb passes when its directed at him, and it's getting worse and worse. People abuse it too much nowadays.

What could be improved? (ASAP)

- Bumping system and yellow card system have to be worked on. I like the fact that it punishes chasers a bit but then again, sometimes when you get a yellow card at the start of the game due to a random UNINTENDED bump you are forced to change your playstyle which is a little bit worrying trend.
I've noticed that when a player is about to pass/shoot(starts to make the animation to pass or shoot) and gets bumped from behind the faul isn't being called. I feel like it happens because the game thinks that the player isn't on the ball anymore. I don't know if more people noticed it but if you haven't then most likely that's the main reason why you think fauls are a bit random and some bumps(fauls) are not being called. I have been bumped multiple times when I was about to pass and I wasn't given a faul. ;(

Also, it would be nice to think of a way to remove bumps from the game completely, at the end of the day nobody wants to run into anyones back on purpose right?

- Bumping AFK players, this is a serious issue at the moment that should be punished by whoever abuses the fact that player is AFK. I've seen people run into AFK player just to not start the voting count. It has to be dealt very soon ish or else one team will always play with 1 player less.

PRAISEDEF wrote:The current recovery animation from a tackle I would say is too quick as well.since everything else has been slowed down

Just want to touch on this really quick, what do you mean "everything else has been slowed down"? If I am not mistaken only tanking, running with the ball has been nerfed? ;(
Not to mention my friend, we got quicker LMB ground passes..... just to remind you, that was 3 patches ago? 2 patches ago we got better KP which basically sped the game up

IIRC we used to have delayed recovery on tackles and we went back to the normal tackles as soon as we could, people have to use brain when they tank, we do not have to help them with delayed tackles. Slow down, stop and wait for player's movement and then try to beat him. I don't think that turning or pressing A / D keyboard buttons has been slowed down. LMB pass to yourself or passes to your teammates weren't slowed down either so what do you mean by everything?

I do not want any pointless discussion here but please... only one thing has been "nerfed" and that was the right think to do and it was TANKING. I know, i know it's hard for an attacker to deal with it but its about time people start passing in attack and use defense for build-up. :yesyes

If we ever make this change then attackers(tanking) will have to be nerfed again, it will be endless cycle, if we nerf one thing then we will automatically buff something else. Missed + delayed tackle and an attacker is...leaving his opponents miles behind him.

Sorry for the off-topic here, but I just had to point this out.

Have a good day footballers.
Daichi

Postby Mikeyman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:43 pm

Thanks for the feedback Daichi, this is a long post and I don't have time right now to respond to all of it but I will touch on a few points.

We're happy that you like the new pace of the game, us, like you, felt that the previous patch facilitated and rewarded tankers too much, the kind of gameplay we saw in the last patch is not the kind of gameplay we want to see going forward. We hope that this new patch will reward and promote teamwork. Football, as we all know, is a team game after all.

Daichi wrote:- Keeper seems to be better but it needs some tweaks when there's 1 on 1 situation he seems to come out of his goal line and does not take the ball from the attacker, and when the player shoots the keeper doesn't even react and its an easy goal.

Something we decided a few patches ago was to reward teams who get their attackers in 1v1 situations. The keeper is not exactly designed to save 1v1s and we are not planning on changing this in the near future. There was a time in this game where 1v1s were actually almost impossible to score and it made it very frustrating for teams who got into great positions but were not rewarded for it. Now if you get 1v1 and blast your shot straight in the bottom corner you will score. If you think the keeper is bad at saving 1v1s then it's up to your defense to not allow 1v1s to happen in the first place.

Daichi wrote:- KA of LMB ground passes could be improved. I know that we wanted to remove exploitable crosses but ground passes were never an issue and they aren't accurate.

Is this with or without high kicking accuracy? I have about 500 KA myself and haven't noticed many inaccurate ground passes.

Daichi wrote:- LMB passes at keeper has to be looked at as well, it seems like he never catches fast lmb passes when its directed at him, and it's getting worse and worse. People abuse it too much nowadays.

Daichi wrote:- Bumping AFK players, this is a serious issue at the moment that should be punished by whoever abuses the fact that player is AFK. I've seen people run into AFK player just to not start the voting count. It has to be dealt very soon ish or else one team will always play with 1 player less.

We'll keep an eye on and look into these.

Daichi wrote:- Bumping system and yellow card system have to be worked on. I like the fact that it punishes chasers a bit but then again, sometimes when you get a yellow card at the start of the game due to a random UNINTENDED bump you are forced to change your playstyle which is a little bit worrying trend.

This is the first version with this new collision system so we will be looking to add and improve to its functionality in future patches but we note your concerns.

Thanks,
~Mikey
Mikeyman
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby Yozz76 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi all,

I feel that this latest patch is a step in the right direction for the game and for many reasons that I'll try my best to explain by adding my thoughts in purple text next to the patch notes.

Building upon the previously enhanced object collisions, we are now adding physical play and appropriate football rules (the key words here are appropriate football rules, football in real life does not allow over aggression or players just slamming in to opponents. Players will now actually have to think when they play, they will have to shadow their opponent and expertly time a tackle or interception)

When a player collided with another player in FS, it usually resulted in bumping animations which never looked right. No foul was called under no circumstance and it had no effect on gameplay other than distractions and even exploits. From version 18.25 that we are releasing today, there will be physically more accurate player-player collisions and reactions. As a result the referee will decide if it is a foul (It can be frustrating if you give away an unintended foul and especially if you receive a red or yellow card as result of it. However, this somewhat does reflect real football as referees make mistakes also. Perhaps some sort of totting up process could be implemented for persistant fouling, this could then perhaps lessen a players frustration and make them aware that they need to start being more careful)

Attackers will no longer have to suffer from bumping defenders. When a defender bumps into an attacker from behind, if the attacker loses the ball, it will be called a foul and depending on the severity of the foul, a yellow card will be shown to the offender (I agree with this as again it reflects real football and should force defenders to work on keeping a team shape. As in real football if you know your opponent is much faster for example you would not often see teams playing a high line and putting themselves in a situation where they are chasing down attackers who get in behind. To lessen a players frustration, perhaps the issuing of cards in these instances could be reserved only for situations wher an attacker is clean through without any other covering defenders)

Players will notice that they bump less into their team mates (great, can be maddening when we get in each others way by playing kamikaze football!)

Tackling has been reworked. To aid the defenders, we have changed how tackling works. Even those with high latency (network latency), will be able to execute well-timed tackles (this is a positive as players who play with less aggression and take their time to read the opponent are more likely to be rewarded by making a good tackle because of their patience and ability to read the game)

Pace and movement rate has been overhauled based on feedback and re-assessment (I welcome this, it means it is harder to tank although some are still very good at it but generally speaking a slightly slower running pace allows more time to think and play a thoughtful passing game, vision and team work should be the cornerstone of this game)

Smarter Goalkeeper: The improved goalkeeper AI will make better decisions while handling back-passes and while making clearances. The keeper will make better risk assessments than the last version and will make wiser decisions when he is clearing the ball. Keeper will do better parrying shots and try to push them away instead of parrying too many shots into his own net. He will also know when he should be more aggressive when the team needs him to be (again, this is a step in the right dircetion, for me the keepers have a more realistic feel about them now)

Keeper will not be invisible when he is holding the ball. In the past FS goalkeeper was untouchable while holding the ball. With a better collision system, careless attackers who run into the goalkeeper will cause a foul to be called and if they repeat it, they will be booked (Good, again it means players need to curb their aggression and actually think)

Overall, the patch is a huge step in the right direction and something that I'm more inclined to contribute real money to for the enjoyment of playing. Pushing this game in to a total team play style where actual tactics come in to play rather than just wham bham kamikaze football may just help to retain players and push this great game towards a positive and successful future.

Kindest regards,
Yozzi
Yozz76

Postby Tottijr » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:17 pm

Hi all,

Congratulations to have released a patch that finally promotes team play and not tanking 'till the match ends. :gni
My feedback will be short, but I'll try to explain in the best way pros and cons:
PROS:
+As I said already, the patch promotes team play.
+Speed while you run with the ball got nerfed.
+GK finally doesen't take a simple back pass with hands but he kicks the ball with his feet.
+Tackling improved a lot, but sometimes even if I spam, it doesen't make any animation and so lets attackers go for a 1v1 situation (mostly)
+Headers are harder to score compared to the previous patch where you could even score from outside box (you still can but there is a lower probability).

CONS
-Bumping system. As the other players wrote in the previous posts, the bumping system isn't consistant at all. For example, while you're kicking the ball the opposing player can just run through you and block you, without conceding a foul.
-Green stamina - a small premise - I know that you guys want to reward who spends money on the game, and you wanted to avoid people to tank a lot, but the green stamina in my opinion is not good enough. As I played winger/sideback many times during this patch, I noticed (as sideback especially) that when I went to help in the attacking phase my stamina couldn't handle to let me come back to defense, and so my position was completely free.
-GK. When someone is close to him and makes a strong LMB ground pass, he just deflects it instead of kicking it away or taking the ball with hands. In this way people are able to spam that thing and let their team shoot in a free goal, thing I don't think it's fair, because it means they're not able to play in a fair way and play normally.

Anyways, thanks for your time reading this.
Best regards,
Tottijr
Name: Tottijr
Level: 100
Positions 7s: Anywhere :D
Positions 11s: Anywhere :D
ye, I'm versatile...
Current PMC: Vampire Sc

Never give up.
Tottijr
Ball Boy

Postby Daichi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:31 pm

Mikeyman wrote:
Daichi wrote:- KA of LMB ground passes could be improved. I know that we wanted to remove exploitable crosses but ground passes were never an issue and they aren't accurate.

Is this with or without high kicking accuracy? I have about 500 KA myself and haven't noticed many inaccurate ground passes.

Could be me then, didn't want to use 1,5k credits to test it with higher KA, I play with around 250 KA and sometimes it's just not accurate.
Daichi

Next

Return to Game Feedback