Maximum players in a PMC

For all discussion of PMC management and PMC's

Maximum players in a PMC

Postby Alexxl » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:05 pm

Hello.

I thought about this possibility with a limited number of players in a pmc . number can be discussed . I believe that 15 players are enough . With this change would increase the number of pmc and the competition more high.

Thank you!!! :afro:
Alexxl

Re: Maximum players in a PMC

Postby Taiteilija » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:23 pm

People give up on their PMCs after a couple of months. Starting a PMC from scratch is always exciting but after a little bit of time people get bored, run into some issues with the squad or just don't feel any progress, give up and decide to disband. This happens a lot and limiting the number of players is not going to help this situation.

In order to have a more diverse and competitive PMC scene we need people to actually commit to working on their new PMCs. What helps to keep going is having a set idea/philosophy for the club and working towards that. PMCs that start out with a clear goal in mind (and I mean something more elaborate than "we want to win tournaments") are usually the ones that stand the test of time.

But it's just about how you view the game. Many people just play casually and for them PMCs are no more than casual guilds full of people to stack with. Setting a limit will not suddenly make these casual players want to build a proper team and go full tryhard mode in tournaments.

The limit would mean that a PMC that already exists and is involved in the competitive scene will have to somehow split into two new clubs. Naturally, we'd have more active PMCs that way. But is it a healthy way to grow the scene? What difference does it really make if we just divide the same old players into two different PMCs? It just seems forced.

Just my 2 cents.
Taiteilija

Postby Hiver » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:10 pm

20 should be fine no more needed. Good Idea!
Hiver

Postby Alexxl » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:25 pm

People need to be more responsible and if they join in a pmc need to stay there at least 1 month. Like a contract. There are no more then 3 very good pmc and they have all the best players over 25 players per pmc or more, if the pmc can have a limited nr of players then the competition can be more equal and a greater nr of pmc. I was thinking at 15-20 players. Thank you
Alexxl

Postby Taiteilija » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:58 pm

Having a PMC full of strong players is not unfair. Some clubs will always have better individual talent than others. It's a natural thing. Right now, we have at least ten PMCs that take part in every major tournament. Sure, a couple of them stand out and maybe have better players on paper, but other than that the competition is quite even.

If a team is unbeatable it doesn't mean they should give away their players so the competition becomes more even. It means everyone else has to step up and get good and actually contest them.
Taiteilija

Postby Zengo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:57 pm

On the long run, maybe a feature would solve the issue: character contracts with attached benefits varying based on the "weight" of the PMC they are with: being in contract with a stronger PMC would give you less benefits than being in contract with a not so strong PMC. Contracts (with proper age) would be required for inclusion in tournament squads and the benefits variations would include tournament benefits.

Note: this is only my individual thoughts at the moment, merely thinking "aloud", food for thought. :)
Zara, Zarani, Zengo, Gera
Zengo
Ambassador
Ambassador

Return to PMC Management and General PMC Discussion