Suggestions: Animations

For all discussion relating to Football Superstars

Re: Suggestions: Animations

Postby Shark » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:52 am

ProStarMax wrote:Hi,

I would like to suggest a few things if possible
-Goals Celebrations
That would very simple, an animation just like the ones that you can do in town but in the football available after you score a goal or set automatically to launch after you score a goal
e.g. Settings> Current goal celebration animation: /clap

-Improving shops usage/town usage
I believe things like Coffee shops and Pizzas can be improved to put ya in the mood of ''real life''

For example, why won't i be able to sit down in a coffee shop with my friends waiting for a match and discussing stuff?

Being able to have a seat in shops that has chairs already is very nice imo, and it's simple to do an animation like this, to do it you gotta be close to the chair and press any button and your character sits down on the chair, maybe an animation for drinking or eating and do whatever you see fit to improve the shops and make it realistic as ever!

Hi there ProStarMax,

Goal Celebrations: Absolutely. There are only two celebrations and we know it would be nice to offer a lot more. Currently the game engine is not allowing too many animations to be used in a match, so it's very limited and we can't simply add an animation otherwise we already have many animations that we can use today (we created them for Striker Superstars and new animations are being added as well, character models are the same so when the engine allows, we can add them to FS too).

We are working on the entire engine to extend its features. It will take some months before we know which parts we can improve, whether we can add new animations, such as new goal celebrations and player animations (shooting, passing, collisions mainly), but we are still working on it.

On another note, animations are never simple. Please google "3D animation" "motion capture" or terms like "character animation" "character rigging" and you will see that it's not really that "simple" as you imagine.

Allowing players to sit in a coffee shop... I don't know if this would be appealing at all. I am pretty sure people would get bored of this very quickly. You see, there are many emotes in game but rarely we see anyone actually using them. We choose to focus on the actual football matches in short/medium term. Lifestyle related ideas are very low priority.

thanks for the feedback
Shark
"Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

Football Superstars forever
Shark
Admin

Re: Suggestions: Animations

Postby Shark » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:09 pm

Off topic message will be ignored next time. About post-approvals: We prefer to keep the post approval feature. This forum is not aimed for live-chat type communications, besides we had too much abuse in the past and we don't have enough moderators to keep up with spam and unwanted messages. So that's not something we prefer, it's more of a necessity.

You need to purchase the Professional Sports Masseur contract to gain access to goal celebrations.

Please continue your suggestions in a Suggestions thread that will be started in the coming weeks.

cheers :pl:
Shark
"Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

Football Superstars forever
Shark
Admin

Return to Football Superstars Discussion